Moving to Boston but not sure where to live? You can find many resources to give you a good sense of Boston area public schools, Boston suburbs, commuting options, and more on the "Boston Relocation" section of our site. I also found a neat map that you may find helpful. The Metropolitan Area Planning Council created a map of Massachusetts that shows the demographic, economic, transportation, and land use characteristics of each town. (See pg 4 of the document. Although the document is a few years old, it's still a handy way to see at a glance what the characteristics are of each community.Read More
Welcome to the Award-Winning Boston Suburbs Real Estate Blog
Topics: Boston area relocation
* Visit the Decordova Museum and Sculpture Park in Lincoln. Admission $12.00 adults, $8.00 kids 6-14. (Free for children five and under)
* Canoe or kayak along the Concord River. ($13.50-17.00/hour)
* Stroll through the gardens or walk along the Charles River at Elm Bank in Wellesley (free!) Wheesie's Garden is a wonderful place to bring the little ones.
* Bike along the scenic Minuteman Bikeway in Lexington.
* Check out the local paper for concerts on the common. Many of Boston's MetroWest communities, including Hopkinton and Natick, offer music on summer evenings.
Topics: Sotheby's Realty Boston, Sotheby's Realty Wellesley, community resources, Sotheby's International Realty Greater Boston, Hallmark Sotheby's International Realty Greate, Boston area relocation, Boston Sotheby's Realty, things to do in Wellesley MA, things to do in Concord MA, things to do in Boston MA suburbs, best Massachusetts real estate relocation resource, things to do in Lexington MA, things to do in Metrowest Boston, visiting Boston MA suburbs, Sotheby's Realty Concord MA, Sotheby's Realty Lexington MA
Connect with other newcomers to the Boston area.
Topics: Sotheby's Realty Boston, fun things to do in Boston, Boston local knowledge, Sotheby's International Realty Greater Boston, Hallmark Sotheby's International Realty Greate, Boston area relocation, Just for fun, Boston Sotheby's Realty, community events, Things to do in Boston, Greater Boston MA MetroWest suburbs real estate ag, City of Boston, Greater Boston MetroWest suburbs relocation agent, living in Greater Boston, best Boston MA relocation resources
Newton made the coveted top 10 of CNN Money's 2010 list of Best Places to Live, while Brookline ranked #39. Newton's highly regarded school system, strong economy, low crime rate, pedestrian-friendly shopping & parks, and charming New England village centers made it a standout choice.
[Photo courtesy of Flickr member WalkinBoston]
Topics: Sotheby's Realty Boston, living in Boston, real estate, Boston area relocation, relocation, House hunting, Boston MA relocation agent, new construction in Newton MA, CNNMoney Best Places to Live 2010, Living in Newton MA, new construction in Brookline MA, antique homes for sale in Brookline MA, Living in Brookline MA, Brookline MA real estate agent, Newton MA real estate agent, antique homes for sale in Newton MA, Boston MA real estate agent, historic homes for sale in Newton MA
1. Play a nighttime game of tennis at Hunnewell Fields.
2. Learn to kayak through the Wellesley Recreation's children & adult programs.
3. Enjoy gardening seminars or other events like the annual antiques show on the beautiful grounds of Elm Bank. It's also a wonderful place to enjoy a walk or run along the Charles River. Elm Bank's Weezies Garden is a favorite among little ones.
4. Tour the many exhibits at Wellesley College or stroll along the college's beautiful botanical gardens.
5. Window shop at Wellesley's many inviting boutiques.
6. Attend an author presentation or children's storytime at the Wellesley Free Library.
7. Visit Spynergy Spin Studio in Wellesley for an amazing workout. (No membership required).
8. Listen to concerts on the green, Wednesday evenings (7-8:30pm) at the Town Hall Green.
9. Go swimming at Morse Pond or any of the nearby sports clubs.
10. Join your neighbors on a scenic walk of Wellesley.
What are your favorite things to do in Wellesley? Feel free to add on to the list here!
Looking to learn more about Wellesley or find a new home here? Please give us a ring. My husband Kyle & I represent home buyers across the Boston suburbs find their ideal home.
Topics: living in Wellesley, Wellesley MA homes for sale, real estate, town of Wellesley, Wellesley MA real estate agent, Boston Sotheby's Realty agent, Sotheby's Realty Wellesley MA, Wellesley MA Sotheby's Realty, Boston area relocation, relocation, Wellesley MA buyer's agent, community events, things to do in Wellesley MA, Boston Massachusetts relocation resources, relocating to Wellesley, waterfront homes for sale in Wellesley, Estate homes for sale in Wellesley, Wellesley MA historic homes for sale, Sotheby's Realty agent in Boston
Many home buyers today have tremendous global flexibility in choosing where to reside. Here are my top five reasons why the Boston area is a great choice:
1. Stellar public schools. There are wonderful public school choices. For example, the Boston suburbs of Dover and Sherborn have been recognized as having one of the top 100 public high schools in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and was named among the top five high schools in the state.
2. Strong economy. Boston is consistently singled out for its high family incomes and abundance of jobs at renowned universities as well as high-tech, financial services, and professional services sectors. In fact, Forbes Magazine named Boston among the cities to earn the most. (We like that!)
3. Outstanding medical care. Boston is a research hub, bringing together healthcare innovators who continually seek to develop promising new treatments.
4. Endless recreational activities. From the sandy shores of Cape Cod, to the breathtaking foliage, hiking trails, and lakes across Massachusetts, to the nearby mountains of New Hampshire, the area offers plenty of fun outdoor activities for the whole family.
5. Wonderful character. Newcomers to the area often comment on our historic town centers, handsome tree lined neighborhoods, and winding country roads.
Are you considering a move to the Boston area? We hope you'll contact us. My husband Kyle & I work with many families relocating to the Boston suburbs. We'd be glad to assist you in finding your new home here!
Topics: real estate, moving to Boston MA, Sotheby's International Realty Greater Boston, Hallmark Sotheby's International Realty Greate, Boston Sotheby's Realty agent, Sotheby's Realty agent Boston, Boston area relocation, relocation, Boston Massachusetts relocation resources, Living in Boston MA, relocating to Boston MA, Boston Massachusetts relocation agent, Boston Massachusetts buyer's agent
1. Think about your lifestyle needs. Do you envision walking down the street to a local cafe or prefer a more tucked away neighborhood? For example, more and more buyers are focusing on the walkability of neighborhoods to amenities such as parks, trails, tennis courts, cafes, shops, the library, train, and more.
Topics: real estate, home buying tips, Sotheby's Realty Wellesley, Boston MA buyer's agent, Hallmark Sotheby's International Realty Greate, Boston area relocation, relocation, Hallmark Sotheby's International Realty Hopkin, House hunting, Boston Sotheby's Realty, Boston Metrowest MA relocation agent, Boston MA Metrowest realtor, Wellesley Sotheby's Realty, Sotheby's International Realty real estate age
Many house hunters today have tremendous geographic flexibility. Their jobs allow them to work from any number of cities. Looking to learn more about living in the Boston area?
Our new article in the Wall Street Journal highlights the many advantages of living in the Boston suburbs.
I hope you'll find it useful! And I'd love to hear from you about what you like best about the Boston area.
Topics: living in Hopkinton MA, real estate, living in Holliston MA, Sotheby's International Realty Greater Boston, Hallmark Sotheby's International Realty Greate, Hopkinton MA antique homes for sale, Boston area relocation, living in Wellesley MA, relocation, Boston Marathon, Metrowest Boston MA relocation agent, Boston MA Metrowest luxury homes for sale, Living in Dover MA, Metrowest MA homes for sale, Sotheby's International Realty Boston MA, Metrowest MA buyer's agent, Hallmark Sotheby's International Realty Hopkin